Thursday, April 22, 2010

Oh my goodness! It feels so good to be done with finals FINALLY!! I took my last final on Wednesday. I could have done better on it that's for sure. But actually, I thought I was going to do worse on it than I actually did... so I'll take it:) It's just good to have it over with! Now I need to pack my little bags for Tennessee! whoohoo!! Isaac is coming to TN to meet my family! We're gonna have some real southern fun:) I'm SO excited!


Anyways, I was looking online and found these random church Bulletin Bloopers. They made me laugh:

*Scouts are saving aluminum cans, bottles, and other items to be recycled. Proceeds will be used to cripple children.
*The outreach committee has enlisted 25 visitors to make calls on people who are not afflicted with any church.
*Evening massage - 6 p.m.
*The Pastor would appreciate it if the ladies of the congregation would lend him their electric girdles for the pancake breakfast next Sunday morning.
*The audience is asked to remain seated until the end of the recession.
*Low Self-Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 to 8:30 p.m. Please use the back door.
*Ushers will eat latecomers.
*The third verse of Blessed Assurance will be sung without musical accomplishment.
*For those of you who have children and don't know it, we have a nursery downstairs.
*The Rev. Merriwether spoke briefly, much to the delight of the audience.
*The pastor will preach his farewell message, after which the choir will sing, "Break Forth Into Joy."
*During the absence of our pastor, we enjoyed the rare privilege of hearing a good sermon when J.F. Stubbs supplied our pulpit.
*Next Sunday Mrs. Vinson will be soloist for the morning service. The pastor will then speak on "It's a Terrible Experience."
*Remember in prayer the many who are sick of our church and community.
*The eighth-graders will be presenting Shakespeare's Hamlet in the church basement on *Friday at 7 p.m. The congregation is invited to attend this tragedy.
*The concert held in Fellowship Hall was a great success. Special thanks are due to the minister's daughter, who labored the whole evening at the piano, which as usual fell upon her.
*Potluck supper: prayer and medication to follow.
*Don't let worry kill you off - let the church help.
*Pastor is on vacation. Massages can be given to church secretary.
*Bertha Belch, a missionary from Africa, will be speaking tonight at Calvary Methodist. Come hear Bertha Belch all the way from Africa.
*The peacemaking meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled due to a conflict.
*Miss Charlene Mason sang "I will not pass this way again", giving obvious pleasure to the congregation.
*The church will host an evening of fine dining, superb entertainment, and gracious hostility.

2 comments:

  1. Lol! Hilarious bloopers. I laughed a lot.
    So exciting that you are going home!! Did you ask Uncle Danny for tickets to stuff? You should! I hope you and Isaac have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bekahpoo!! I miss you already!! We need to have some fun this summer!

    ReplyDelete